This may or may not end up being another one of those segment things that we were talking about here, but at least for now, we’ll try on a weekly or semi-weekly basis to compile some links to articles and blog posts we found interesting. There will be a Twins flavor, but we won’t be restricting it to solely pieces related to the club, and possibly not even just to baseball, depending on how slow of a week it is.
- Parker Hageman of Over The Baggy takes a look at the Yankees’ strategy when pitching to Delmon Young
- John Bonnes at Twins Geek delves into the nuance of late inning substitutions and the inner workings of the mind of Ron Gardenhire
- Not Twins related, but Marlin Maniac looks into something I’ve always wondered about: http://marlinmaniac.com/2011/04/04/the-cousins-decision-and-the-vazquez-start/ (h/t The Book Blog)
- Notgraphs (an offshoot of Fangraphs) goes to the trouble of compiling a list of the top 25 baseball articles from The Onion. Worth reading the comments for articles that didn’t make the cut. I am a bit disappointed that this one was not deemed worthy.
- An ode to the second day of the baseball season, which, because it’s by the incomparable Joe Posnanski, is also about much more.
As to the week ahead, we’ll have some more content up here at Plexiglass Principles – a look at the frustrating start to the Twins season, perhaps a first installment of Astroturf Principles, and, even more tentatively, that Kevin Slowey post we keep talking about. Just in time for him to land on the DL. Who knows, we may even explain why our banner is a picture of penguins. Stay tuned.